Promote safe and efficient operation of waste disposal facilities.
Local Government and Industry Requirements:
Prevent or identify and correct OSHA-related operational violations and/or recommendations in all OSHA covered facilities under the control of the Local Government or Company.
● Demonstrate a current OSHA-compliant safety plan that has been updated within the past 2 years.
● Conduct an OSHA (or equivalent)-Level audit by a qualified auditor following the official forms, which must be completely filled out.
Qualified auditors include:
● Federal or State OSHA inspector;
● Insurance inspector (must have current CSP, or CIH certification);
● Union CIH or equivalent safety official
Full remediation of all OSHA (or equivalent) incidents reported.
Tier 2: (1 point)
● Fulfill Tier 1 requirements
● Implement a Voluntary Protection Program (VPP). See OSHA Guidelines: www.osha.gov/dcsp/vpp/index.html
● List all OSHA violations and state of resolution for the last 5 years.
 “Waste disposal facility” includes transfer stations, landfills and thermal conversion facilities.