PCR Credit 9: Material Recovery Cost Transparency (1 point)
Provide transparency to the cost of recovering recycled and composted or digested materials.
Local Government and Industry Requirements:
● Calculate the average cost per ton or per Household or per capita of processing and transporting of materials recovered from residential and nonresidential customers by/through the Local Government Program or the contracted Company’s program
○ All materials collected through single or dual-stream recycling program, e.g.; Paper, Metal, Glass, Plastic and other materials
○ Yard/Green Waste
○ Food Waste
○ Cost of managing contamination/residuals
● Demonstrate how costs are covered.
● Include program overhead and administrative costs in per ton/Household/capita calculations. These figures do not need to be reported separately, however.
● Publicize results on the Local Government’s and Company’s website
● Protect or mask proprietary information