Minimizing the environmental footprint of material recovery and organics processing facilities.
Local Government and Industry Requirements:
Tier 1: (1 point)
● Meet the renewable energy or carbon offset requirements of WGP Credit 6: Sustainable Capital and Utility Procurement
● Facility(ies) is/are Energy Star Certified or implement(s) energy conservation best practices that result in a 25 percent savings in energy consumption (over a LEED compliant baseline).
● Facility(ies) address(es) ambient and indoor air quality through proper dust control practices.
● Facility(ies) provide(s) employees with daylight/natural light and access to views/nature.
● 40 percent of at least one facility (by value, excluding equipment) is constructed from recycled or repurposed materials. This excludes processing equipment.
● Facility(ies) minimize(s) water use and/or utilize(s) reclaimed water
Tier 2: (1 point)
Facility(ies) is/are certified under a recognized standard such as LEED, Envision Infrastructure Rating System, etc.
● Utilize solar energy.
● The facility uses electric, natural gas or alternative fueled vehicles.
● The facility implements energy-reduction processes (motion-activated lighting, efficient equipment, etc.) and practices.
● Utilize LEED compliant baseline and energy saving calculation procedure in the SWEEP+ Certification Manual.