SWC Credit 1: Alternative Collection Options for Recyclable and Compostable Products and Materials (2 points)
Provide various collection methods for recyclable and discarded materials
Local Government and Industry Requirements:
Demonstrate access for 90 percent or more of your customers to one or more of the following collection options for Recyclable Materials and Compostable Materials:
● Pick-up programs: curbside (frequency, scope)
▪ E.g. Weekly curbside pick-up of recyclables.
● Drop-off programs/facilities (accessibility; proximity; hours of operation)
● Street bins: coverage, servicing, materials collected, color-coding/identification
● Identify the number of residents or customers covered by operating curbside programs.
● Site and support drop-off facilities in convenient locations.
● Adopt standardized color-coding and labeling of private and public carts and bins.
o Conversion to standardized colors and/or labels can occur in conjunction with retirement of existing non-conforming color-coded containers.