SMMP Credit 10: Industry: Comprehensive Public Reporting of Corporate Sustainability (1-3 points)
Intent: Provide public transparency regarding corporate policy and activity around economically, environmentally and socially sustainable business practices.
Local Government Requirements
Tier One: (1 point)
Publish an annual Corporate Sustainability Report that includes
● Statement of corporate commitment to environmental, social and economic sustainability
● A list of specific and quantifiable corporate sustainability goals
● A stated roadmap to achieve sustainability goals
Tier 2: (2 points)
annual Corporate Sustainability Report that meets Tier One requirements and
includes the following:
● Progress to date on the achievement of goals (KPIs)
o Provide verified data on achievement
● Assess and quantify the economic impact of sustainability
o Provide up-to-date and verified data of economic impact
● Publish data on company website or make the information accessible to the public in
● Create the role of Chief Sustainability Officer to interface with the public around these topics.
● Provide compelling and accessible graphics about information found in the report.
● Make the Sustainability Report available online and through social media.