There are many exciting ways to join SWEEP today!
SWEEP Membership signals your commitment to a sustainable future and connects you with a network of driven individuals seeking to catalyze change. Membership grants your organization access to participate in up to three SWEEP committees allowing your local government’s/company’s voice to be heard in the standard’s development process. SWEEP looks for a wide range of members with diverse expertise in the materials management industry to better refine and define requirements within the Standard and to better suit individuals with geographic nuances seeking to certify. SWEEP membership is an annual charge based on the population of your local government or the annual revenue of business. The fee is purposefully kept low so we may have as many active and engaged participants as possible. Membership also comes with a 10% discount on SWEEP Certification and SWEEP materials. You can view current members, here.
SWEEP+ Pilot Certification
The SWEEP+ Pilot Certification Program is currently underway with 10+ Pilot Participants made up of local governments and the private waste management services providers that support them. SWEEP is accepting a handful of additional pilot participants through the end of 2022 in order to find ground truth for the standard itself as well as for the certification process as a whole. SWEEP is seeking leaders in the sustainable materials management industry that are geographically diverse to ensure that regionally specific waste and materials management needs are taken into account within the standard.
Participating in the SWEEP+ Certification Program is an excellent way to demonstrate your commitment and leadership in the ESG space within the waste management industry through third-party certification. SWEEP+ Certification will also help to restore the confidence of your residents and customers that waste within your jurisdiction or by your business is being managed in the most sustainable way possible. SWEEP+ Certification is also a unique opportunity to stand out vs. other cities, counties or waste management company’s across the country. Become a SWEEP+ Pilot Participant today and gain the recognition as a leader in sustainable materials management and help transform the waste industry towards a more sustainable future.
SWEEP is currently in the process of expanding our technical committees. Committee’s meet once a week or every other week for one hour.
Current committees with openings include:
- Sustainable Materials Management Policy Committee: This committee will help further refine and define best practices and implementation tactics for the credits outline within this section of the SWEEP+ Standard.
- Waste Generation and Prevention Committee: This Committee focuses on data collection/education programs/training programs.
- Solid Waste Collection Committee: This committee focuses on the technical elements associated with the credits of this section in the SWEEP+ Standard. It emphasizes emissions requirements for collection vehicles/transfer stations/ and best practices associated with the collection of waste.
- Post Collection Recovery Committee: Emphasis on recovery facilities (MRFs, Anaerobic digestion/composting, C&D Recovery Facilities)
- Post Collection Recovery Committee: Focuses on landfills and best management practices.
By joining SWEEP and sponsoring SWEEP events, your contributions help to develop the SWEEP Standard and the tools and materials needed to simplify and reduce the cost of certifying to the standard.
SWEEP General Contributor
This membership is free and allows outside parties related to the industry to submit comments surrounding the SWEEP Standard. This membership does not come with committee participation or SWEEP sponsored webinar.