Reduce the environmental footprint of transfer stations
- For [50% of rolling stock utilized on-site or [50% of total fuel consumption: Utilize low-sulfur diesel fuel; install catalytic and particulate pollution control devices and/or utilize the ISX12N engine from Cummins Westport or an equivalent class of diesel engine
- For [50% of Processing Equipment:
- Utilize electric equipment or use ultra-low-sulfur diesel fuel; install catalytic and particulate pollution control devices and/or
- Utilize ULEV diesel engines
- Limit onsite turnaround time to 15 minutes
- Institute best practice dust control techniques
Demonstrate that the transfer station has the capacity to store and/or treat 100% of on-site runoff, including any run-on from adjacent property, prior to discharge to the sewer system, street or any nearby waterway.